Saturday 26 March 2016

Visita Iglesia 2016: Quezon City Churches

It's been our family tradition to observe Holy Week as solemn as possible. I still remember when we were young, we used to join the Pabasa in our neighborhood and chant the Pasyon until dawn. We never missed also the Salubong ritual of Risen Christ and Mama Mary [where I was chosen as one of the angels when I was 5 or 6 years old :)]. I thank my parents for upbringing this tradition to us.

This year, since my sister is preggy at 36 weeks, I thought we'll not be able to do Visita Iglesia. We just then chose Quezon City so as to have short travel time.

1. Sta. Rita de Cascia Parish
Location: South Lawin Ave., Phil-Am Homes, Quezon City



2. Our Lady of Hope Parish
Location: #107 Road 3, Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City (behind SM City North EDSA, The Block)

We should have made this our first stop :)



3. Diocesan Shrine of Sto. Niño
Location: Bukidnon St., Alacia, Quezon City

This is not included in our itinerary. The barker at the parking area asked us if we're going to Sto. Niño then directed us the way. Thanks Kuya! :)


The Altar of Diocesan Shrine of Sto. Niño


4. Parish of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary 
Location: Daily Mirror St., Bulletin St., West Triangle, Quezon City


The Altar of the Parish of the Hearts of Mary and Jesus


5. Santuario de San Pedro Bautista Parish
Location: #69 San Pedro Bautista St., SFDM, Quezon City




6. Most Holy Redeemer Parish
Location: Malac cor., Inaman St., Masambong, SFDM, Quezon City

This is not also included in our list. My boyfriend just found it in google maps which is 5-min away from Santuario de San Pedro Bautista.



The Altar of the Most Holy Redeemer Parish


7. National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
Location: Doña Juana Rodriguez Ave., Broadway, New Manila, Quezon City

The Altar of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel


I love churches and I'm thankful to see 5 new ones.

And by the way, here's the gang! :)

The sister, the brother, the boyfriend, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment